South Yorkshire Volunteer Police CadetsDate published: 09 March 2023 11:46
South Yorkshire Volunteer Police Cadets represent the force at community events and participate in a variety of activities and formal training as well as learning about various roles within the police.
Applications for Cadets
CADET RECRUITMENT WILL OPEN ON 1ST APRIL 2023- ONLINE APPLICATION FORMS AND GUIDANCE WILL BE AVAILABLE BETWEEN 1ST APRIL AND 30TH APRIL
What you will learn as a Cadet
During the scheme you will explore the following subjects:
- personal development
- police powers
- road safety
- personal safety
- diversity issues
- crime prevention
- drug law and connected issues
- theft/criminal damage
- public order/sporting events
Expectations of Cadets
You will be expected to:
- dress smartly and wear appropriate uniform when attending cadet evenings and other events
- adhere to force policy on dress and personal appearance at work, which covers hair - for example no shaved areas/ patterns, natural coloured hair only, long hair tied up in a bun - facial hair, jewellery, cosmetics and tattoos
- supply your own plain black shoes/boots which must be worn with black socks
- attend a weekly district meeting held on a Wednesday evening and volunteer for additional activities that may take place at evenings and weekends
- be punctual at all times and inform the cadet manager if delayed for any reason.
- participate in no acts likely to bring discredit on either the South Yorkshire Police Volunteer Cadets or South Yorkshire Police
- successfully pass a probationary period.
Please note that you may also be subject to background checks as part of the recruitment process.
- You need to be 15 years old by 31 August 2023 and no older than 17 years of age by 31 March 2024
- You need to live in South Yorkshire
All successful candidates will be expected to attend a two day induction programme:
DAY 1 - ONE OF 24 JULY, 25 JULY, 17 AUGUST, 18 AUGUST 2023
DAY 2 - ONE OF 28 JULY OR 14 AUGUST 2023
The next cadet programme starts on 6th September 2023