Transferee FAQs

Date published: 15 February 2022 14:07

Am I eligible to apply?  South Yorkshire Police will only accept transferee applications from police officers who have completed their full probationary period.

Which forces do you accept transfers from?  We accept transfers from any Home Office force.  Transfers from British Transport Police (BTP), Police Service Northern Ireland (PSNI), Police of Scotland and Ministry of Defence (MoD) are assessed on a case by case basis.   We do not accept transfers from Civil Nuclear Constabulary.  Further information can be obtained from the Recruitment Team, policerecruit@southyorks.pnn.police.uk

Previous applications.  If you have previously applied to South Yorkshire Police and been unsuccessful you will be required to wait six months from when your application was withdrawn unless advised otherwise.

I haven’t completed my probationary period, can I apply?  No.  All applicants must have successfully completed their two year probationary period

What happens if I leave the Force, will I have to pay back the removal expenses payment?

If your employment is terminated within two years of joining due to resignation, retirement or dismissed on the grounds of conduct, relocation expenses will be repayable on a proportionate basis.

Leave                                            Repayment

Before 6 months                          100%

Before 12 months                        75%

Before 24 months                        50%