Date published: 12 March 2018 12:48

You should contact the police;
• To report a dangerous dog
• If you've been bitten by a dog
• If you've hit a dog with a vehicle
• If you suspect someone has a banned breed of dog, for example, a pit bull terrier

To report any of the above issues please contact us on 101.

Your local council is responsible for dealing with stray dogs. See below for contact details.

Should I call 101? Dogs

Should I call 101? Dogs


Tel: 01226 773555/07467147 or click here 


Tel: 01302 736000 or click here 


Tel: 01709 382121or click here


Tel: 0114 2734567 or click here 

If you believe a dog is being neglected or abused please contact the Royal Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA) on 0300 1234 999 or call your local council.