South Yorkshire Police has a clear vision for Stop and Search: To achieve the highest level of trust and confidence in its use to tackle crime and keep our streets safe.
This key policing power assists us to protect our communities by identifying and eliminating violent and key crimes including anti-social behaviour.
GIVE US YOUR FEEDBACK: Fill out our Stop and Search Survey.
GET INVOLVED: Join us on patrol and participate in a Lay Observation or attend our Stop and Search Scrutiny Panel by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
WATCH OUR VIDEO: STOP & SEARCH SHORT & SWEET, TO FIND OUT WHAT A STOP & SEARCH IS
Access our internet site here
Find South Yorkshire Police statistics on Police.UK
OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION:
- TYPES OF SEARCH
- EXAMPLES OF WHAT IS NOT A STOP AND SEARCH
- WHY WOULD I BE STOPPED AND SEARCHED?
- DO THE POLICE REALLY NEED TO USE STOP AND SEARCH?
- WHAT DOES A POLICE STOP AND SEARCH INVOLVE?
- WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES AND WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT?
- WHAT INFORMATION AM I ENTITLED TO BEFORE THE SEARCH TAKES PLACE?
- DO I HAVE A RIGHT TO COMPLAIN?
- WHERE CAN I OBTAIN ADVICE IF I AM CONSIDERING MAKING A COMPLAINT?
- WHAT IS THE BEST USE OF STOP AND SEARCH SCHEME?
- WHAT IS CONSIDERED TO BE A FAIR AND EFFECTIVE STOP SEARCH?
- HOW ARE THE OUTCOMES FROM STOP AND SEARCH USED?
- COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
- ARE THERE ANY STATISTICS AVAILABLE?
- CAN POLICE CONDUCT SEARCHES RELATING TO ACTS OF TERRORISM?
- WHERE CAN I BE SEARCHED?
- DO POLICE COMMUNITY SUPPORT OFFICERS (PCSO) CONDUCT SEARCHES?
- WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE SEARCH?
- ARE THERE ANY EXCEPTIONS TO PROVIDING A STOP AND SEARCH RECORD?
- WHY WOULD I BE ASKED TO SELF-DEFINED MY ETHNICITY?
- DO I HAVE TO GIVE MY NAME, ADDRESS OR DATE OF BIRTH?
- WILL I HAVE A POLICE RECORD IF I AM STOPPED AND SEARCHED?