About 101

When should you call 101?

To report less urgent crime or disorder and for general police enquiries. For example:
• if your car has been stolen
• if your property has been damaged
• when you suspect drug use or drug dealing
• to report a minor traffic collision
• to make us aware of policing issues in your area
• for any other general enquiries.

Using 101 for situations that do not require an immediate police response (such as those outlined above) helps keep 999 available for emergencies.

If you are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired, you can textphone us on 18001 101 or 0114 2523294 or send and SMS to 07786220022. More information can be found about this service here.

101 in Sheffield

Sheffield residents can also report council issues through 101.

If you have a question about the 101 service, please take a look at the frequently asked questions.

In an emergency - when life is in danger or there is a crime in progress you should ALWAYS call 999.